Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Shades of Face

When I did my supply order for my classroom back before the holidays, I asked for 5 boxes of markers. So, today, I open up the box and start putting the markers out for my kids to use. I have them all out on the tables before I notice. I laughed so hard that someone heard me down the hall.

I had 5 boxes of "Crayola Multicultural" markers.

In each box, there are 8 markers, all shades of brown, evidently to match the skin tones of all the peoples of the world.

Who knew they even had such a product?

I decided to put them to use anyway. When one of my little boys drew some stick figures for his comic strip, he showed it to me to see if it was ok. I said, "Yeah that's good, but color in their faces with our new markers." He laughed and went off to select just the perfect shade of flesh.

About a month ago one of my kids told me that she and her sister invented the word "crap." Today I was informed that they also invented the words "freaky" and "loser." I feel like I have a celebrity in the room.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home