Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Beware the Dreaded Nutria

I have a special talent. It's really stupendous, get ready...I can recognize celebrities when they are doing voice overs. I know, exciting right? Or maybe a little sad. I can't decide. In any event, Julia Roberts is doing the voice over on the new America On-line commercial, Gary Sinese is doing a Chevy commercial, and Christine Lahti does some skin cream thing. Hands down. I KNOW it's them. I have a nack, or is that spelled knack? And, what's even cooler, I mean, as if this could be any cooler, is that the celebrity doesn't even have to really be all that famous. When Meredith and I went to see Finding Nemo, she said "Who's the voice for the dad," and all of a sudden, just because she had asked, I knew. "Albert Brooks, " I said. She turned to me and asked, "Who is Albert Brooks?" And I shrugged, because I don't even really know who he is. But, I do recognize his voice. I should go on some show and perform amazing acts of voice recognition.

I'm watching WIS this morning, and Hannah Nelson is talking about some "new creature" that's about to break into South Carolina's borders. It's coming from Louisiana, and it is evidently some kind of water-dweller, something akin to a beaver but not quite. This is what I gather anyway, from Hannah Nelson. The new creature is called a "nutria." If you see one, you should call the Wildlife police because it is apparently some huge deal that they got into our state. They quoted some Wildlife official who said that the problem started when "the first nutria crossed the border." Is that funny to anyone else? "APB 911 ALERT THE PRESS: THERE HAS BEEN AN INFILTRATION OF THE FORCE FIELD...OH GOD...WE'VE GOT A...A BEAVER?...OH NO NO...NOT THIS...IT'S A NUTRIA!!"

Hah. Because the name reminds me of Garnier Nutrisse, that awesome herbal hair coloring, I'm not really all that scared of the nutria. I hope I'm not setting myself up for some kind of awful disaster, should I ever run into one.

P.S. I cannot believe Karamo said he would slit Landon's throat if they were on a deserted island.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home