Sunday, January 16, 2005

My Prediction: Brad and Jennifer Will Reunite

I hang up on telemarketers. I mean, they say, "How are you today?" and I just hang right up. But not before I say, "Are you kidding me! It's Sunday!" I don't say that into the receiver of course. I say it as I take the phone away from my mouth to hang it up. But, I know they hear me. Sometimes I feel sort of mean about that, but seriously, do they really intend to sell me something on a Sunday afternoon?

And you know what's worse? My phone service is with a certain company that will remain nameless, for their protection. But, their initials are B.S. (suits them very nicely). They are constantly calling me with new B.S. promotions. And, I suspect that these other telemarketers are getting my number from B.S. Therefore, I have no qualms whatsoever about hanging right up on my own service provider. After all, they have betrayed me in a sense.

I sort of like commercials. My favorite one right now is for Dr. Pepper. There is a boy, and he's doing all of these things for his girlfriend while he holds a can of Dr. Pepper. He buys tampons, he folds her thong underwear in full view of everyone in the laundry mat, and he goes to her yoga class. In the background they are playing that Meatloaf song, "I Would Do Anything For Love." In the end of the commercial, they are lying on the couch, and it gets to the part of the song where Meatloaf says, "I would do anything for love, but I won't do that." The girl tries to take his can of Dr. Pepper, and he runs right out into the street and flees, presumably away from her forever.

Television Good News of the Week: Abby didn't die on ER.







1 Comments:

Blogger greyguitar said...

yeah she didn't die, but man next week "abby returns to work--and it's gonna be a WILD one!"

haha. what a promotion.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home