Thursday, June 07, 2007

VACAY

I've been out of school now for nearly a full week. Technically, the kids left last Thursday at 11:35, and then Friday I just had to go in a clean up my room, pack it up to move it out to the portable where I will be teaching next year and hopefully the year after that. So, aside from a mildly emotional and annoying faculty breakfast/speech-giving event, Friday was no big deal and Elizabeth and I were sitting at Olive Garden eating lunch by noon-ish, fully checked out and done with DFMS. She's done with it forever, except for the relational tie that will come from living with me, and I'm done with it for a few months.

So, this is good, this being done with the school business. I've been very busy this week.

1. On Saturday I went and bought three books, two by Jodi Picoult and one by Anne Quindlen because I'm sometimes girly about books. By Wednesday I had read all three and had to go upstairs to unearth something from the shelf that I owned but had not read. There are an astonishing number of these books, and so I find myself about to finish my fourth book for the week (Note: It is also by Jodi Picoult because once you get sucked into her style there is little chance for escape if there is another book by her in the vicinity).

2. I carried all of my work stuff upstairs to "the office."

3. I have watched The Food Network for approximately several hours a day.

4. I've been to the gym, twice. I'm contemplating another attempt. Gotta start somewhere.

5. I cleaned the carpet in the house. It looks awesome.

6. I've slept a great deal. It was a long, tiring year.

7. I've alternated between being very very excited about my upcoming trip to Poland/Israel and having paralyzing panic attacks because I've never left the country before.

That's it, really. I'm on vacay (Sometimes we abbreviate words, for some reason that I'm sure has to do with television but I can't pinpoint it. So, sitch=situation, which I know came from Michael Scott on "The Office," and profesh=professional, and vacay=vacation, etc. etc. and we do this as often as we possibly can and still have things make sense.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least now i know it's vacay and not vakay (see my latest entry). how are you such a good speller??

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home