Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Brussel Sprouts are So Cute, Like Little Baby Lettuces

So this morning, I get up and go to my 8.15 doctor's appointment. I've taken the day off from work. I needed the time to you know, recuperate, after my 10 minute check-up. It's very trying, actually, getting up and driving over there, walking in the door, sitting on the table. Very very taxing on a person.

So, with my day off, I had decided to do some things. I was going to go by the bank and get a new check register, but I hit a little snafu: the bank doesn't open until 9.00. This was around 8.30. I decided to move on to my next thing.

I was going to go to Best Buy and get the first season of Everwood on DVD. With a whole day to myself, I had big plans for catching up with Ephraim Brown. But, gadzooks! Best Buy does not open until 10.00. Becoming slightly annoyed, I head to my next stop.

Eckerd's Pharmacy. Opens at 9.00 am. It was now 8.55, so I waited. After picking up my prescription, I thought I might go into Blockbuster and pick up a movie, since Best Buy had denied me.

Blockbuster opens at 10.00.

I stood there at the door, looking at the sign, and I could see the people inside preparing to open up in an hour. I wanted to bang on the door and make them let me in. I mean, what does it take to prepare to open the Blockbuster? Putting movies back on the shelf? There can't be very much to it.

This business of opening at 9.00 or 10.00 is no good, if you ask me. Maybe it's just because I'm used to my day starting at 8.00, when the first bell rings. I can't understand why everyone doesn't start at 8.00.

So now I'm back at home. With no movie. No check register. No Ephraim Brown.

What will I do all day?

On the upside though, I did manage to escape from Summerland after all. I fell asleep while it was on - and that, my friends, is the number one sign that you are not hooked into a show. Feel free to jot that down for future references.

1 Comments:

Blogger greyguitar said...

but alas, what about american idol?

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home