Saturday, March 05, 2005

This One is for Kris (the last part anyway)

As part of my whole Anne Frank unit, I've had my kids respond to a few quotes about tolerance. The one from this week was, "There is only one race, the human race." One of my kids, after much deliberate and serious thought, wrote the following:

"This quote is clearly directed straight at people who think there is extraterrestrial life on other planets. If there were aliens they would've come to earth by now. They haven't, so that is proof that there is only one race, the HUMAN race."

Clearly, that is what it means.

In Wal-Mart, when I use my debit card, I'm asked for my "PIN." In Bi-Lo, I'm asked for my "Secret Code." Something about this makes Bi-Lo more fun, don't you think?

I spent a great deal of money in Best Buy today. Something about television series on DVDs makes me want to buy them. I came home with the 3rd season of The King of Queens, because my parents have given me the first two and I mean, let's face it, Doug Heffernen is just funny. Also, I couldn't seem to stop myself from picking up the first season of Party of Five. I watched the first five episodes today, and I was pleasantly surprised to find something that I can use at school.

Kirstin: That's metaphor Charlie! You understand metaphor don't you?
Charlie: What are you talking about?
Kirstin: "You've got hair like an angel." You remember that line right?
Charlie: I just wanted to say something nice.

Hahahahahahahahahah!

Possibly, you have to be an English teacher to get a laugh out of that one. Kris, you know what I'm talking about. Don't leave me out here alone in Geeky English Teacher Town!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home