Tuesday, April 19, 2005

oughtta be a law

I consolidated my student loans about a month ago with the South Carolina Student Loan Corporation. So, it mystifies me now every time that a telemarketer from some random other consolidation firm calls me. This happens daily. Many, many, many, many times.

They call at 5.30, because that is when many people get home from work.
They call at 6.00, because that is when many people are starting dinner.
They call at 6.30, because that is when many people are eating dinner.
They call at 7.00, hoping for some after-dinner consolidation banter.

I loathe them.

So today, I have once again snapped on a telemarketer. The call came in at 7.00. And after the day I've had, this was no time for telemarketing.

Telemarketer: Can I speak to Mrs. Grooms? (me not being married, I was immediately becoming pissed)
Me: This is SHE (loudly)
Telemarketer: Mrs. Grooms I am calling on behalf of blah blah blah consolidation corporation...
Me: Look, seriously, do you guys have a list? Because I consolidated already, like a month ago. I am done with the consolidating business. It is over. I want off of this list now!
Telemarketer: Oh ok...
Me: Oh ok? (outraged)

And then I hung up.

Too harsh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home