Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Load it up. Put it on. See where it takes you.

Today I bought an iPod Shuffle. It's about two inches long and weighs less than an ounce. It is possibly the cutest thing I have ever seen. And I hate it. Let me tell you why.

Every time I plug it into my computer, the computer shuts down. I sit here and wait on it to come back up, thinking that maybe the computer wants to start-up with the Shuffle plugged in before it will actually work with it. So, I wait and wait while my PC runs about a trillion scans. Once that is over and the computer has dubbed itself officially ready to operate, I open the iTunes software and BAM!! It shuts off again. I scream, unplug the iPod, run into the bedroom and cry tears of frustration.

Then I come back and try again, and I do every thing the exact same way as I did before, but somehow, this time, I have worked a miracle. I have touched the computer in its secret spot, if you will. It likes me this time. The iPod starts flashing and downloads a bunch of songs to itself in about three minutes. I just stare at the screen thinking, "Good, it's doing it. But this is not the Playlist I wanted. But, I'll never be able to change it."

So, I will run with my little iPod, and I will just have to accept that I didn't get to put "Let Me Go" by 3 Doors Down on the Playlist. And, inexplicably, Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror" is on there, never mind that I never even remember having downloaded it to the computer in the first place.

See, this is the second day in a row that Ken Aucoin has not done the weather in the morning. Things are off-kilter. I think that my iPod is in cahoots with him. Yes, I said CAHOOTS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home