Wednesday, April 13, 2005

close call

Last night during the storm my cable went out, but then it came back on again. Whew. But the scariest thing of all was that my cable modem PC light was not blinking, meaning that I had internet running into the apartment, but the computer wasn't picking it up.

"Oh God," I thought. What if my modem was blown?

I plugged and unplugged everything that had a cord, even the printer. Nothing helped. Still, I had internet, and still, the computer wasn't picking it up.

I went into panic mode. I applied for a BestBuy card in the event that I had to purchase an emergency laptop, which I've wanted for a while anyway. And then I had the idea to unplug the modem from its power source, just to see if it would kind of reset itself and BAM! I was on-line again, and my breathing finally went back to normal.

It is staggering I tell you, absolutely STAGGERING, how dependent I am upon having the world wide web at my finger-tips. It's also very very sad I guess, but still and yet, it is what it is. And I am happy to be plugged back in.

You know the new "Limited Edition Chocolate Lover's Reese Cup"? Yeah, well that is really just a regular Reese Cup in disguise. The "Limited Edition Peanut Butter Lover's Reese Cup," now that is different. It has peanut butter on the top. The "Chocolate Lover's" one, well, it has chocolate on the top. Yeah I know, it's just like the original. And I still bought it. Dang.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tonight I saw the Limited Edition Dark Chocolate Twix. I got excited, jumped around and looked at Will hoping he'd buy one just for me. He simply said no, and turned around. I moped for about 2 seconds, then got over it b/c I started thinking, would that REALLY taste good?

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tonight I saw the Limited Edition Dark Chocolate Twix. I got excited, jumped around and looked at Will hoping he'd buy one just for me. He simply said no, and turned around. I moped for about 2 seconds, then got over it b/c I started thinking, would that REALLY taste good?

11:40 PM  
Blogger ssss said...

i bought some of your shares at http://blogshares.com

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home