Monday, March 21, 2005

all general mills cereals are made with whole grain!

A few days ago one of my kids kept asking me if I had ever been to the candy shop. I said, "No, not really. I'm not a big candy eater." He erupted in laughter, as did many of the other kids around them. I assumed there was some perverted junk going on and decided to just ignore it. I continued on teaching them how to make a bibliography. Very important stuff.

Today, they turned in their bibliographies. About 50% of them were done incorrectly. But that's not what matters most here, what matters most is that finally, I saw 50 Cent's video "Candy Shop." Anybody seen this? Now that I know what it's all about, I feel somewhat violated. I just try not to think about it.

If teaching has given me anything, it is the strict determination that my own children will NEVER watch MTV or listen to that dirty music. Yes, I will be THAT mother. You know, the one who won't allow sodas in the house and refuses to let my kids buy the unedited CDs and such. I never thought I'd be that way...but now...well I just don't want my kid going to school and asking his teacher if she's been to the candy shop!

Oh, I'd be mortified.

Worked out with iPod today for the third time. He's my new best friend.

Every morning I get up and do the same thing. I take a shower and dry my hair. I eat Honey Nut Cheerios and read some news articles on Yahoo! and then I check to see if Rob has updated his blog. Sometimes there is interesting news, like all of this Schiavo stuff, and very often Rob has an interesting post. But always, always, without fail, I wonder: Why don't they make Team Cheerios anymore?

1 Comments:

Blogger greyguitar said...

WHY!? why must there people like you out there that actually say you read my blog at certain times of the day and thus makes me feel the pressure to write even when i'm about to fall asleep and realize i forgot to post something and have to force myself to get up and write something, just something so mornin' crew will be pleased. hah.

and by the way, the 3-pound box of Honey Nut Cheerios from Sam's Club..it's the way to go. it's DOUBLE what you'd buy at the grocery store!

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home